Friday, May 31, 2013

Walking Without Light (Job 29:2-3)


As a teen, my father and I went to the mountains of Pennsylvania for deer hunting season.  Early in the morning of the first day, I made my way from the camp and through the dark woods to my post.  It was an area some distance from camp.  I previously had marked the trees on the way with a can of gold spray paint.  I experienced some difficulty walking though the cloak of darkness which wrapped around my small lighted area.  Staggering and stumbling as I did, I made it safely.  Many would equate this experience to the Christian life as we walk through trials.  However, walking through darkness with the guiding of God's light is not a trial, but instead the living experience of the redeemed man in fellowship with God.  A trial is when you walk in the darkness without the light of God's presence. 

While in your trial, there are two things that you must cling to.  The first is to believe that The Lord will honor his word and one day, when his predetermined time arrives, will bring light into your darkness (Psalm 18:28).  The second is to maintain righteous living.  God promises that to the upright he will bring light to their darkness (Psalm 112:4).  Therefore, dabbing with sin can hinder you from receiving this blessing.

Thanks be to God for the many blessings in his word.  Not only are they a guide for times of trials, but also a strength to the weary and forlorn.

#darkness
#light

No comments: