Wednesday, April 10, 2013

God's Power Flowing In Our Lives (Luke 8:46)


As I took another look at the passage of the woman with this issue of blood, I could not help but focusing on the Lord knowing he was touched for healing because he felt virtue or his power go out from him.  Many others who touched up against him did not experience his power nor did his power flow out from him, but only this woman.  The reason was because by faith she was looking to him for the help that she thought and believed only he could give.

We can experience this same power today because when we reach out in faith to God, it releases his power into our lives.  In my daily living, I continually need God's power to flow into my life or better put flow out out of my life.  I am thankful that his spirit lives within me.  Because of him, I already possess the same power that flowed into that woman on that miraculous day.

All I need for this to happen is to believe, pray and trust.  Easier said than done, right?  In order to believe, I must fight the battle in my mind against the lies that my flesh and the enemy bring.  

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Cor. 10:4-5)

As our heart experiences the victory over the doubts created by these lies, we are then moved to pray.  Prayer before this point would be hopeful words aimed at convincing God to work, but with faith and truth, prayer is changed into something powerful.  After interacting with God through faith, we can then decide to rest in him, his power and promises.

Are you resting in him? If not, it's not a matter of praying harder, but instead praying with faith in light of his truth.

Follow this blog at:          drafusco.wordpress.com



No comments: