Saturday, March 1, 2014

Healed By His Touch (Mark 5:34)

My condition was helpless.  I sought for aid, but nobody could help me.  Isaiah described it best as...the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. (Isaiah 1:5). All my efforts were in vain.  Religious duty, devotion and penance did not change my condition.  The more that I sought relief, the more I recognized my helpless estate and experienced the hurtful fruit of my actions.  Worse than any disease, sin consumed my thoughts, actions and heart.  I needed to be healed and it could only come about by a physician greater than any man has known.

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague. (Mark 5:34)

Like the woman with the issue of blood, I eventually was convinced in the power of Jesus Christ and the hope that only he could bring.  By faith, I reached out, touched him and was immediately healed.  I was cleansed from the inside out with the first part being cleaned was my heart.  I thought differently, felt differently and began to speak differently.  All of this happened when virtue came out from him and touched my life.

If you would like to read more of these thoughts in a hard copy format, my new book is now available at the link below.

https://www.createspace.com/4441566

To view other posts or to receive this blog by email, sign up at     drafusco.wordpress.com


No comments: