Friday, November 15, 2013

Magnify Christ (Philippians 1:20)

When I was a boy, I received a microscope for a Christmas present.  It was one of the best presents I ever received.  With it, I was able to see and explore things beyond my recognition.  I quickly found myself rummaging through the house for items to put under the scope.  Paper, ink markings, skin, bugs, leaves or anything else that poked at my imagination.  Everything was so big and details that I could never see before were suddenly before my eyes.

So now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. (Philippians 1:20)

Our lives are like microscopes.  We demonstrate the hidden things of Christ that the world cannot see and magnify them in plain sight.  This is done by the fruit of the Spirit being manifested in our lives, which exalts and magnifies Christ.  Anybody can put on the pretense of religion, but longsuffering, gentleness and goodness cannot be mimicked.

As you walk with Christ today, allow him to live through you and reveal himself to others.  The most difficult part of this is to get out of his way.  As we die to ourselves, Christ can reveal himself through us.  Remember, the salvation and growth of those around us are dependent upon it.

No comments: