Sunday, November 1, 2015

Praise is Comely (Psalm 33:1)


Do remember the days back when you were dating and the whole process that you went through to get ready for the date?  I remember making sure that my favorite shirt and pants were in perfect order.  Then, I would shave twice just to make sure my face was free from nubs and baby soft.  I spent unlimited hours getting every hair in place and making sure that it stayed there.  Why did I do this?  I wanted to look appealing to the beholder or to stretch the term, I wanted to be "beautiful".

We should do the same with God, but remember, God is not focusing on the outside of the vessel, but the inside.  Make the inside right and the outside will follow, but if we focus on the outside instead of the in, we are merely pharisaical at best.

How do we make the inside beautiful?  Our inside is beautiful when we genuinely praise God.

Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. (Psalms 33:1)

When we praise God, he experiences pleasure in the same manner as we do when gazing upon the beauty of our children or are enthralled with a spectacular sunset.

Do you want to be beautiful?  Focus on the goodness of God and then lift your heart in praise to him.  You will be stellar.

No comments: