Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Precious In His Sight (Isaiah 43:4)

I remember holding my children not long after their birth.  My son was a strapping infant with strength and vitality.  My daughter was the opposite.  She was tiny, frail and weak.  They were at opposite ends of the spectrum, but one thing each of them had in common was that they were precious in my sight.  They were precious because they were of great value.  As rare jewels and metals are sometimes called precious, my children were also precious.

When The Lord looked at us, he too saw us as precious.  Me, precious?  I don't think so.  One quick look at my past and I see anything but precious.  Just glance at my heart today and you will find tucked in the resources of it thoughts, desires and attitudes contrary to anything good.  Precious?  Not me.  How about you?  Do you find yourself the same?

It spite of all that, God still declared you and me to be precious.  The question remains.  How can God see someone like me with all of the undesirable afore mentioned qualities as precious?  Although I am not precious in and of myself and neither are you, we are precious because of what God saw we could become.

Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. (Isaiah 43:4)

Have you ever been rejected?  If so, it was because they valued you differently than your true worth.  Do you feel like you don't measure up?  Your points may be true, but you value yourself less than God values you.  Only God can see what you truly are and will become.  What we must see and accept is that we are precious in his sight.



No comments: