Saturday, June 7, 2014

Getting Strength From Another (Psalm 73:17)

Life may be confusing, discouraging and appear to be unfair.  On our own, we will never be able to figure things out.  Our efforts of living for God and abstaining from wickedness may appear to be in vain.  However when we enter into God's presence and fellowship with him, he will perform a work in our hearts to bring things back into perspective.  He did this for the Psalmist when he became envious of the wicked and he will do the same for you.

Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. (Psalms 73:17)

How soon we forget the wonders of his working.  After being saved for over 30 years, it is difficult to remember exactly what it was like to be lost.  The wounds from sins have been healed.  All I can do is remember that at one time, I had great wounds in my heart to the point that I saw no significance of living.  You would think that I should remember that and always be grateful in my heart.  But it is not the case.  It seems that the troubles and struggles of the day press more upon my heart than issues that should cause rejoicing.  For that reason, I need to sit at the feet of the savior.

Recently, we rescued a dog that had been hit by a car and then abandoned for days.  Needless to say, he has phobias.  What makes him most able to endure these fear is when he gets close to those who love him.  He gains our strength and becomes calm because of the security we provide.  Is God any different to us?  We have fears and worries, but it is when we draw close to him that we gain his strength and become secure.

When you struggle, draw close to God.  He will open your eyes to the truths that you may need so as to gain the strength and comfort that only he can bring.

If you would like to read more of these thoughts in a hard copy format, my new book is now available at the link below.

https://www.createspace.com/4441566

To view other posts or to receive this blog by email, sign up at     drafusco.wordpress.com


No comments: