Friday, October 23, 2015

Seeing the Land (Psalm 27:13)


I remember as a kid, there was this street in the neighborhood that had a steep hill on it.  My goal was to ride my bike to the top of the hill without stopping to push it up the rest of the way.  On many occasions, I failed to accomplish the task.  However, there was one time that after I peddled vigorously, it seemed as if I could not go any farther.  It was then that I lifted my eyes to see that I was nearly at the top of the hill.  Suddenly I found resources of strength that I did not know I had.  As I focused on my destination, the peddling became easier and I eventually made it to the top.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. (Psalms 27:13)

There are many times in our lives when we will strive to overcome obstacles and feel as if we cannot go any further.  What we need to is see the finish line.  The finish line is the place that God has prepared for us.  I am not necessarily speaking of Heaven, but the promised land, which is the land of victory.  We must continue on and not faint.  Sometimes, the only thing that can keep you from fainting is your faith in the Lord. Your perspective of what you see he can do will become a strength to you.

As you go through trials, spend time with the Lord.  Submit to his will and allow him to reveal to you his plan and purpose.  With this vision, you will overcome.

Where there is no vision, the people perish: (Proverbs 29:18)

No comments: