Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Take Refuge (Psalm 28:7)


Some time ago, my wife and I were enjoying ourselves as we explored the capital city of the Dominican Republic.  We decided to rest and sit on the shore and watch a ship pass, but after some time, we noticed a storm coming in off of the coast.  Being intrigued by the sight, we lingered a bit too long and found ourselves caught in a down pour.  While holding hands, we scurried through the tiny streets of the city and finally found a small cafe to take refuge.  Needless to say, it wasn't any where nearly as romantic as the movies make it seem.  But regardless of the fact, we found refuge from the storm.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. (Psalms 28:7)

The psalmist declared that his heart trusted in The Lord.  By that, he was stating that when his trouble arose, he sought refuge in The Lord and subsequently The Lord gave him help.  God may not have necessarily removed the trouble, but he did bring help to his heart.  Sadly to say, but many believers as they face troubles do not immediately seek refuge in The Lord.  They struggle alone trying to battle the circumstances and become weary in the process.  God has never intended that to be.  He always wants us to abound in Christ and to experience joy and contentment regardless of the circumstances.

As you face trials, seek The Lord early.  He will be found and you will find refuge for your soul.

If you would like to read more of these thoughts in a hard copy format, my new book is now available at the link below.

https://www.createspace.com/4441566

To view other posts or to receive this blog by email, sign up at     drafusco.wordpress.com


No comments: